Top five within five minutes
- Beachy days. Roll out the towel for a day of sun and sand at Ocean Grove Main Beach. Catch some waves or book a surf lesson, ramble through the rockpools, grab a coffee from the Dunes Restaurant or play with your pooch at the designated dog beach.
- Organise a driver and loosen a notch on your belt. Traipse through the Bellarine’s top wineries and drinking holes such as Oakdene Vineyard and Flying Brick Cider Company, sample wholefoods and raw desserts at Kyosk Café, queue for a famous Squishy at Starfish Bakery and tuck into fish of the day At the Heads restaurant set on a pier.
- Family fun. Thrill the kids at Adventure Park, Victoria’s biggest theme park; get tricked up at Ocean Grove skate park, feed the ducks at Blue Waters Lake or brave the BMX track at Ocean Grove Nature Reserve.
- Spend your pocket money. Hit the huge array of shops in The Terrace and beyond, including the popular Pattison’s Jewellers, the Green Room surf shop, Stone & Grain homewares, the eclectic warehouse Kyo with imported furniture and weird bits and pieces or a walk-in Chinese massage.
- Get active. Paraglide over the sea off the Ocean Grove lookout, bushwalk through the nature reserve, cycle or scoot along the Barwon River track, take a boxing or yoga class on the foreshore.